Smart Cities, Tech & Innovation
This online course, co-financed by the European Union will allow you to acquire the main transversal competences in the world of Smart Cities working in a multidisciplinary and multinational team. The course will have free registration, a limited number of places and a recognition of 5 ECTS (requested) for those students who pass it.
- Registration: from 15/01/20 until 16/02/20
- Course Start: 17/02/20
- Duration: 6 Weeks
1. Project Management.
Javier Carrero | Premium Research.
2. Innovation and Change Management.
Conny Weber | Innovation Service Network.
3. Information and Communication Technologies.
Joaquín Adiego Rodríguez | Universidad de Valladolid.
4. Quantitative and Qualitative Economy and Marketing Research Procedures.
Natalia Martín Cruz | Universidad de Valladolid.
5. Environment and Smart Energy Technologies.
Alexandra Würz Stalder | FH Joanneum.
6. Environment and Smart Energy Technologies, Logistics and Mobility Technologies.
Monika Pieper | Energie Impuls OWL.
TARGET AUDIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Students graduates
- Research institutions
- WorkersSmart cities related industries
- City councils and public organizations
- Local society
FEES AND FUNDING
Smart City Scale is a free online course, co-financed by the European Union that takes part of the Erasmus+ program.
HOW TO APPLY
A1 RESEARCH ON SMART CITIES TRANSVERSAL COMPETENCES
In order to develop this output, partners will undertake a research on skills and competences most demanded in the Smart Cities industry and urban authorities. The research will focus on the competences that workers on Smart Cities should have. To undertake the research all disciplines related to Smart Cities will be considered in order to detect the transversal competences that related industries are demanding in the labour market.
These competences should lead the student to be innovative, creative, to develop analytical thinking, to be able to plan and organize in a multidisciplinar work environment. A desk research will be done by all partners that will guide the interviews and focus groups in each country:
– Interviews to responsible persons in the public administration of the implementation of innovation in the cities, and also to experts in companies in order to know the most demanded competences by the labour market. 5 interviews per country will be done.
– Focus group with public administration staff related to Smart Cities issues, experts in companies of the Smart Cities sector and with Smart Cities teachers. One focus group will be held in each country, which will gather the opinions from 6-8 participant with the profile explained. The objective of the focus group is to generate a debate among different stakeholders and disciplines to extract common conclusions about the most necessary transversal competences needed across the Smart Cities Sector related disciplines and work areas.
A2 ANALYSIS OF RESULTS
Partners will report the results of the desk research, interviews and focus group to the WP leader, that will elaborate a conclusions report, from which the training contents will be developed.
A3 ELABORATION OF TRAINING CONTENTS
The Work Package leader will elaborate guidelines to follow by partners in the elaboration of contents.
The elaboration of training contents will be distributed among university partners according their knowledge and expertise and will receive contributions, support and feedback from partner companies. The elaboration will follow a common structure, established by the WP leader, who will harmonize all the contents and prepare them as on-line contents.
A4 ON-LINE TRAINING PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT
The training contents will be uploaded as an e-learning course on competences needed in the Smart Cities sector. The contents will be adapted to this training methodology, including explanatory videos. First it will be uploaded the English version, and secondly, the rest of courses in the other languages. The on-line platform will be developed and managed by Premium Research.
A5 TRAINING TO SMART CITIES STUDENTS
The training will be included in the Smart Cities related studies on-going within the partners Universities. A minimum of 50 students per university will follow the Smart Cities transversal competences course, a minimum of 10 will come from partner companies staff, and a minimum of 25 will come from organizations or individuals external to the project (from other countries as well), attracted by the dissemination activities.
The on-line training on the Smart Cities transversal competences will be carried out through the on-line training platform. The duration of the on-line course will be 2 months. After that period, and according the results and the evaluation from participants, some changes and adjustments could be made.